DEACERO®, S.A.P.I. of C.V. (DEACERO® Group) is a Mexican company celebrating its 70th anniversary, present in more than 20 international markets and the largest steel recycler in Mexico, that drives the country's economic growth.
Committed with social and sustainable development, DEACERO® Group joined the United Nations Global Compact last September. This initiative supports the Sustainable Development Goals for the 2030 World Agenda as well as ten principles that address issues in matters of human rights, labor standards, the environment and anti-corruption as listed below:
- Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
- The effective abolition of child labour.
- The elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
- Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
In this regard, DEACERO® Group, in its commitment to improve living standards and employment conditions in Mexico and the world, invites its customers, distributors and suppliers to adopt, observe and practice these principles to continue collaborating and strengthening their business relationships within best practices and world standards.